2007 Enterprise Risk Management Symposium
The 5th annual 2007 Enterprise Risk Management Symposium will be held on March 28th through March 30th 2007 at the Chicago Marriott Downtown. This is probably the premier conference on the broad subject of Enterprise Risk Management and highly, highly recommended for all interested in the field of financial risk management.
Again this year, the ERM Symposium is being presented by the Casualty Actuarial Society ("CAS"), Professional Risk Managers' International Association ("PRMIA") and the Society of Actuaries ("SOA") in collaboration with the Canadian Institute of Actuaries and the Bowles Symposia Series of Georgia State University. This symposium is specifically focused on the many ways in which value is being created through ERM and was developed with the assistance of an overwhelming response to the call for presentations.
Lars Toomre had the privilege of speaking at 2005 ERM symposium on the subject of ERM in Asset Management and highly recommends this conference to all interested clients and individuals. This year's session on the same topic will be presented by David Martin of Alliance Bernstein and Erwin Martens of TIAA-CREF. Lars hopes soon to post more on other recommended talks that will occur at this year's symposium.
This year the ERM Symposium organizing committee is being chaired by Kevin Dickson of TowersPerrin and CAS. Other members of the organizing committee include:
- Mark Abbott, Guardian Life Insurance, PRMIA
- Abbe Bensimon, General Re Capital Consultants, CAS
- Paul Cochran, Old Republic General Services, CAS
- Stephen D'Arcy, University of Illinois, CAS
- Erika Davis, CAS
- Kathleen Dean, CAS
- Jean DeSantis, Deloitte Consulting LLP, CAS
- Thomas Hettinger, EMB America LLC, CAS
- Stephen Hiemstra, OFHEO
- Paul Horgan, PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Valentina Isakina, McKinsey & Company, SOA
- Lori Ramos Marilla, LRM Associates
- Dr. Robert M. Mark, Black Diamond Risk Enterprises, PRMIA
- Jacquenette Moody, SOA
- Hubert Mueller, TowersPerrin, SOA
- Dr. Dan Oprescu, Visiting Fellow, Case Business School, London
- William Panning, Willis Re, Inc., CAS
- Carrie Rice, CAS
- Max Rudolph, Rudolph Financial Consulting LLC, SOA
- Parr Schoolman, Aon Re, CAS
- Alexander Shiplov, PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP, PRMIA
- Shaun Wang, Georgia State University, CAS, SOA
The Platinum Sponsors of this event are Algorithmics, IBM and TowerPerrin, while the Gold Sponsor is Teradata.